Washington County Kids (WCK) is an Oregon 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving residents of Washington County. Our mission is to ensure access to quality out of school time (OST) programs that equip Washington County children for success.
We achieve this through:
- Expanding awareness of need for and value of OST programs
- Serving as a county-wide coordinator and liaison to improve communication between OST programs and schools, districts, parents, PTA groups, and the general public
- Serving as a centralized hub sharing information, learning opportunities, and resources among OST program providers
Friends of Washington County Kids is a separate entity created for the specific purpose of securing a sustainable source of funding to support OST programs for children in Washington County. While WCK advocates for sustainable funding the nonprofit focuses on strengthening and growing the OST community.
WCK welcomes volunteers to help us support the OST community. We have many opportunities and can design them to suit volunteer interests. Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not at all. We’ll be happy to discuss your interests and identify one or more activities that will support our efforts and fit into your schedule.
We are happy to match you with one or more of the OST program providers with whom we work. Providers are always in need of volunteers particularly men, members of the LGBTQ community, and/or multilingual individuals.
WCK is a small support organization and manages all program and operating costs with minimal overhead. OST programs benefit from our training, workshop, and networking opportunities. We are also educating the community and raising awareness of the value of OST programs as well as helping connect those who want services with those who provide them. Your donation helps us do more for OST providers and increase the number of children who have access to programs. All donations are tax deductible.
All donations are deductible to the extent the law allows.
- Write articles for the newsletter on topics developed in consultation
- Provide translation for online events
- Help plan and carry out events
- Design materials for social media posting
- Technical assistance
- Photography at events
- Draft and send out thank you’s and official letters
- Recruit new volunteers
- Help staff booth at Farmers Market and other events
- Contribute your time and unique talents